SOS!SEN is a national charity aiming to empower parents and carers of children with SEN to tackle successfully themselves the difficulties they face when battling for their children’s rights.
It's led by CEO, Eleanor Wright, an experienced solicitor specialising in special educational needs law.
SOS!SEN concentrates on helping people to find their way through the legal and bureaucratic maze that is so daunting to so many.
To empower parents and carers we provide a free and friendly service including:
- a telephone helpline 5 days per week during term time
- monthly drop-in advice centres in some areas during term time
- information sheets on many topics
It also offers small ‘hands-on’ one-day Workshops on such topics as:
- Appeals Against Contents of EHCP
- Writing Working Documents
- Contents of EHC Plans
- 16+ and 18+ Transfers
- Annual Reviews
- Enforcing SEN Provision